The Board of Intermediate Education Andhra Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh was established in 1971, Andhra Pradesh is the first state in India, which adopted the 10+2+3 (up to graduation) pattern of education.
- Aim of board is to regulate and supervise the system of Intermediate Education in the state of Andhra Pradesh, for this the board recently sanctioned affiliation to New Private Unaided Junior Colleges also, in the state.
- The Board of Intermediate Education, A.P, promotes the vision of world-class education in Andhra Pradesh through quality leadership, support, and services.
- The BIE (Board of Intermediate Education) regulates and supervises the system of Intermediate education. It executes and governs various activities that include devising of courses of study, prescribing syllabus, conducting examinations, granting affiliations to colleges and, providing direction, support and leadership for all educational institutions under its jurisdiction.
Every year two exams are conducted by the board:
- Annual Examination (March/April)
- Advanced Supplementary Examination (June/July).
ABOUT THE EXAM (RECOUNTING) / (REVALUATION)
The Board allows the candidates to apply for Recounting on the payment of Rs.100/- per paper and Photocopy & Reverification of the answer book will be supplied on payment of Rs.600 per paper .
The Intermediate Public Examination is being conducted both at the end of 1st year course and at the end of 2nd
For 1st year, the candidates are examined in Part-I English, Part-II Second Language and Part-III Group subjects for 500 marks. The Syllabus of language subjects and optional subjects is structured by concerned Subject Committees constituted by the Board. The Committees would also undertake revision of syllabus and its updations keeping the changes and current trends in view.
Candidates are examined for:
1st year: 500 marks
year: 500 marks
MPC (Maths, Physics, Chemistry) Group:
year: 470 marks
year: 530 marks
BPC (Biology, Physics, Chemistry) Group:
year: 440 marks
year: 560 marks
Percentage of pass marks required in each paper is 35.
Passing all the papers in 1
year and in 2
year decide about the division in which candidates are placed.
60% and above marks placed in I division
50% and above but below- II division
And others in III division.
INTERMEDIATE 1st and 2nd YEAR SYLLABUS
: Includes 3 groups
include three parts:
Part I: English
Part II: Telugu, Hindi, Sanskrit, French, Urdu, Arabic, Tamil, Oria
Part III: English, Telugu, Hindi, Urdu
include following subjects:
Mathematics IA, Mathematics IB, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology
Economics, Commerce, Civics, History, Psychology
IMPORTANT: Andhra Pradesh Board of Intermediate Education includes only two streams of education which are: HUMANITIES and SCIENCE. Here COMMERCE is not counted as a third and different stream; it is included as a subject under Humanities stream.
Board of Intermediate Education
Govt. of Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad - 500001
Andhra Pradesh, India